Friday, August 25, 2006

Quilt Show Has begun

Well the quilt show starts today. We spent yesterday with a NQA judge, writing comments for over 150 quilted items, then hung the quilt show after that. Made for a long long day, but learned a lot and had fun too. Plus seeing all of those gorgeous quilted items, makes you want to run home and quilt.

Well I ended up with 3 - 1st place ribbons, 1 - 3rd place. Not too bad for entering in 9 items. I recieved a first place for my black & batik quilt, one for my 1930's miniature quilt, and one for a amish trip around the world wallhanging that was hand-quilted. The 3rd place was for my nine patch on point quilt that was hand-quilted. I was so thrilled. This was my first time entering a show, always have been so nervous & I'm funny about letting other look at my stuff & making comments. Cause you know sometimes those comments you don't want to hear.

The NQA judge we had was Lorraine Covington. She was awesome!! Had a great personality, always had something nice to say about each item, plus commented on where you need to work on. Loved it!! Had a wonderful sense of humor as well. I learned quite a bit while writing out comments for her for the quilt entries. I would recommend her for any quilt guild show that needs to be judged. Such a great lady.

I'll post some pictures lately of the show & my quilts that won~~

No comments: