Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Off to Quilting we will go






Finally have some time for quilting, Yea~~ Hopefully this summer has slowed down for me some. I've got revival all this week going on but so far the day time is looking quite nicely.

I posted a picture of part of my quilting room which is a converted small garage size is 16x24'. I machine quilt on a grace machine frame and with a Janome 1600 DBX. I'd love to have a bigger throated machine but I'm content with what I have. I'll admit I love having the space to work on projects, leave it and come back to it later when I want it. I keep most of my fabric in the cabinets sorted by colors. The drawers to the left in the picture has anything 1/2 yard smaller in there sorted by style, example: civil war, country, w.o.w fabric, 1930's, flannels and mixed. There are 3 scrap baskets under my cutting table once they are full I start cutting them in squares from sizes 6"-1" in size and place them in drawers maked by size.
So now I'm going to put one of my 9 tops on frame to get them quilted, I hope. I'm making a list of them so I can start marking them off as I get them completed.


2 comments:

Phyl said...

I have a grace frame and a janome on the way:). Any sage wisdom for me? Thanx!

Ohio Quilter said...

Just have fun with it~~` LOL I found out with my janome I used the same weight in the bobbin as in the top thread, made such a big difference. I do love my grace frame, I'm no pro but helps me cut out cost on sending out my "homey" quilts for some mandering. Do you belong to the yahoo groups email list for the grace? it is wonderful group of gals & so helpful. I believe it is gracemachinequilters, I think. Great to meet you~~