Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Where did February go??

Wow hard to believe february is almost over. This has been one wild month. Between kids having the flu along with husband, taxes done & sent in, and basic life stuff I'm ready for a weekend just for me. Well I'm hoping & praying I get that this weekend coming up. A few of us friends are getting together for a weekend of sewing, laughing, and good food to get us over this crazy Ohio weather. This Ohio Weather has been from Ice/freezing rain, snow, sleet and in temps of the 50's. never know what it is going to be.

Well i finished up another quilt on miz gracie, well actually two done. My cousin's dad quilt of deer she made for him for christmas, but she didn't get the top done until right before christmas & I didn't have time to machine quilt it until now. I also got my aunt purdy's quilted out too, just need to put the binding on it. I finished all of my embroidered bible quilt blocks now to decide on what kind of sashing or setting to use with them. here is a picture of them.

They are done on unbleached muslin, 8 1/2"x11". So thought about doing flying geese, gulp, that would be a lot to do. maybe scrappy in fabrics?? wanting something to make them go wow!!

will have to think about.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Hi Carolyn, I just happened upon your site, how clever you are to list you UFO's and journel at the same time. I think this is wonderful.
I am real curious..where is March? Did the wind blow it away :-)
No really I am interested in your bible quilt. Could you share a little more about it. I would really appreciate that, Joanne D