Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Another UFO Bits the dust











Well yesterday I finished up another UFO called American Crossroads. i found this in the quilt sampler magzine last year, it was featuring one of my favorite quilt shops called Quilt Plus in Indiana. I dug thru all of my scraps done up in dark navys, blues, dark pinks, tans/browns and some shirtings. away i went. Well got distracted bag them up along with the magazine in a ziploc and put them in my pile of kits in the baskets. Well I decided this year I was going to get a lot of those kits etc done. Well another is done, BUT i may put a couple of boarders on it, maybe a pink small one about a 1" then a larger one in blue for the final with a tan binding.

So far I have about 9 quilt tops to get quilted this spring once the weather warms up. With the price of propane I don't want to run it too much out there in the sewing room. I machine quilt all of mine on my grace machine quilting frame using a Janome 1600 DBX which I love. Investing in that has saved me so much money on sending them out. Worth every dime. I send some still out for custom work atleast until I get better, LOL.

The snow has came & gone, but boy do we have some ice leftover. Which I would loved more snow then the ice. Talking more snow this weekend which is a possiblity. Well I'll just put on a pot of soup, warm up some bread & keep on quilting.
Now I'm working on my pedels for a quilt called Aunt purdy's palor. Need some hand work for the evenings so I'm applique them on each block.


No comments: