Friday, January 09, 2009

Back to Sewing

Well I started on the blue rag quilt, I sewed 3 strips of 13. Each square is 6" wide, doing 13 squares across to get one strip. Not sure on how long just yet, going to play it by ear so to speak. I cut out 100 batting squares so far, but should go thru them pretty quickly. The weather man is calling for freezing rain, rain all this weekend so hopefully will get it completed to take to the laundry mat to wash & dry on Monday. I don't think I want to deal with all strings with my washer/dryer here at home. I don't know if I like sewing flannel yet, pretty slippery stuff. Having to pin it to keep in place is a pain in the butt. I believe I'll do a checker board style pattern. the dark blue playing off the white is pretty contrast, using variegated blue thread to sew the X in the middle. The light blue is pretty as the backing. I forgot I had that light blue paisley, found it looking in my stash of flannels. Wonder what else I've got in my stash, LOL.

Here is a picture of the fabric I'm using. I tried to find some other blue to use but couldn't find the right shade so settled on white, which does make it pop in blue color.


No comments: