Okay first thing we are going to do, you got a whole week to dive into it and try to get it done!!start with your stash, clean them out GF's. keep those fabrics that make your heart sing, bring a tear to your eyes, you just want to pet them, you love the look of them together, and so on. The ones you could do with out, this is the hard part. you can do a few things with them.
1) sew them together and use them for backings of quilts. I've seen some just as pretty as the front. Just put them in a certain spot just for your backing fabrics.
2) measure them out and sell them in yardages, fat quarters, 1/2 yards etc. Use this money from the sell to buy new fabric, storage items, or put it back for an upcomigng retreat you want to attend.
3) donate it to a place that make charity quilts or to your own guild if they do that. Knowing that someone will fall in love with that fabric you no longer love is a great feeling.
4) make some rag quilts or rugs from them. The rag quilts could be kept in your ( or a family members car) to be used if you get stuck in your car, take to a game to keep warm or maybe someone might need one you can give it to as well.
5) make some "blankets" for your local animal shelter, check with them for the requirements.
6) Do a barter system with your quilty friends, make a party out of it, do some trading, never know what your friends might want to barter for to have that fabric.
Anyone else have more ideas. Next week we will talk about storing that gorgeous fabric in various ways, this way it will give you some time to go thru it all, sort it. keep in mind, just because you bought it and no longer love it there is nothing wrong with us women changing our minds or preferences. Think of the sheer pleasure of unloading all of the stress it has on you. Have fun. Have some gals over to help you out. Remember once it is in the " don't love" anymore don't bring it back out UNLESS you put in the backing only pile!!!