Monday, December 27, 2010

Last post of the year

Well it has been almost 2 months since I posted last of the year. This year has flown by with get togethers with amazing friends, retreats, fabric shopping and quilt shows. Well since my last post I was involved with a great nine patch Kansas trouble fabric only swap. We swapped out nine patches with only Kansas troubles fabric, great way for us to use up our scraps, Lord knows I need that done so I can make room for more. So ended up with over 60 some 6" blocks, of all colors mixed in with tans/creams. They are sooo pretty. So I think I'm going to put them on point with some tan squares in between the blocks. Not sure on the border yet, was thinking of doing a scrappy saw tooth border but we will see. I'm working now on a sampler style quilt for my sister she is wanting a lap quilt. Hopefully I can get that done next week. :-)

Christmas has came & went, now onto the new year. I'm debating on doing a list of things to get completed this year or goals. There is always so much I'd like to get done, and I work better off of a list. I'm already planning on a few get aways with the girls, going to the knoxville quilt show again, not sure what else. I'm trying to nail down a place to go for vacation with the family, not sure where yet. I may make up two lists, one for the home ( honey do's, what I want done etc.) and one for sewing/quilting ( sewing room, quilts to complete, some primitive items made for the home etc)

Happy New Year everyone~~~ I wish you lots of happiness, love, friendship, kindness, tons of fabric, and lots of quilting time.


No comments: