Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Online Mystery Quilt

I'm doing an online mystery quilt for the ohioquilters group so I decided I'd post it here as well for those who want to join in. The quilt will measure 88x88" in size. You can do this scrappy following dark/medium/light in colors or 2-3 coordinating fabrics. Here is the beginning of the mystery. I'll be posting the steps starting late friday/early saturday. Then the on Friday the following week until it is done. If you keep up you can have a quilt top done by the end of January!! What a start on the 2011 year!!! This would also be a jump start on a gift for someone too.
Here is the first part:

2 Yards of Light ( Background, neutrals, light in colors.) #1 fabric
1 1/2 yards ( 2nd accent Like a medium colored in fabric) #2 Fabric
2 3/4 yards ( Focus Fabric I'm using a dark colored) #3 Fabric
3 1/2 yards ( Primary Accent, this is what is used as the outer border, you can wait till end to match it if you'd) #4 fabric

Now I'm doing it somewhat scrappy, controlled scrappy is what I call it. I'm using tan as my background, the focus fabric I'm using the dark colored like black or navy , and the other fabric I'll mix in some green, red and gold all in Kansas Troubles Fabric. I've got a ton of this in my stash that is one of my goals is to used up a lot of it in the upcoming year. Since i've got a lot, I mean a lot of scraps I need to reduce.

If you post on here your following along, I'm going to have a drawing end of next week for those who are participating. Plus if you have friends join in and mention your name in the comment section you'll get an extra name put in my jar to have my son pull out a winner. Come in and join in the fun~~~



2 comments:

Bianca said...

I am in!!! I bought my fabric, but not quite enough, because I jumped the gun, as I was in Jo-Ann's today anyway. I will post a picture of them on my blog in a little while.

Vicky said...

Hi Carolyn, I'm joining the Mystery quilt and am looking forward to using up some of my scraps as well. I think this is a great idea and lots of fun to be a part of!! Vicky in Australia