Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Heading to Another Retreat~~

It is time for another retreat~~ Oh I need this so bad, nothing like some sewing/quilting to get a much needed break in life. Still trying to deal with mom's passing some days better then others. Leaving tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday. A great bunch of gals, lots of good food, and my sewing machine with some fabric ( prefer Moda please) , I'll be a happy camper. Now I need to get some projects to get packed, hhmmm what to pull from my stash, what patterns to get started with or should I just grab some kits blind eye style. I did pick up a new book by Kathy Brown from the Teacher's Pet called Strip Smart Quilts, using a cool ruler from Creative Grids called 90 degree Double Strip ruler. I'm stepping way outside of the box with this baby, but oh it looks like a winner to making some awesome triangles especially with the patterns in the book. So I'm packing it for sure & giving it a whirl at retreat. I'll take some pictures at retreat to let you see how it goes, fingers crossed~~ Well off to make some potato salad, bake some type of dessert and find me some project to sew.

No comments: