Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Another Ohio Quilt Retreat

Here is the welcome table. Those goodie bags were filled and they were thrilled with everything inside. I had to donate a bottle of best press as a Thank You to them all for being the awesome ladies they are. And yes that is a quilt I made, I need to put on a border to frame it and quilt it out. Lots of scraps in pink, brown and blues oh creams as well.


 Sue F. winning on of the raffle items. She fell in love with this wallhanging. Kathie C told her she had the winning ticket and she did. !! Congratulations to you Sue, your an awesome woman.
I finally got home from another Wonderful retreat in Amish Country in Ohio. We had such a great time. There was great friends, yummy food, lots of eye candy being sewn together, tons of laughs and a lifetime of memories being made. I love, love putting on this retreat. There was a time when I thought about putting it to bed, when there was drama going on, now we are just about drama free get together. Nothing like a bunch of women sharing our passion of quilting developing into some great friendships & memories. Sue F. did a class on the Lollipop bag and was so much fun. The bag was made in less then an hour, and I think Sue has the patience of Job. She is an awesome teacher. Then you throw in Kathy N. hosting a new game and I laughed so much watching them gals lose their fat quarters, and two gals winning the whole pot. The last but no least all of these women that attended made the whole weekend a ton of fun. They donated pillowcases over 63 ( last count) to be given to a charity. They also raised $600.00 which will be divided between the Arthritis Association and Women's Heart Association. Lots of hand claps to them all. I can't wait till next year. I believe I got some of my sewing mojo back too. 

 Beverly H. won one of the raffle quilts. She loved it and I had fun making it to donate.
Above is Pat Chambers winning a quilt. She and lots of others was put in a drawing for the quilt for donating pillow cases. She looks pretty happy~~~

1 comment:

Bianca said...

I had such a great time, I am still chuckeling when I remember some of the things we did. This is really a wonderful group of ladies, and the no-drama weekend was very relaxing. Thank you for all you do. I know how hard you work for this retreat to happen.