Wednesday, January 02, 2008

UFO Challenge~~


Well it is already 2008 hard to believe but here it is and boy did it come in like a lion. we woke up to 3" of snow and more coming down. I love to watch it fall, so beatiful and innocent. The boys are home from school and it was their first day back after Christmas break.
Well UFO Challenge at the Ohioquilters has begun. This was started so we could make room for the new stuff you always see while at the quilt shop & have to leave with. i Know I have well over 100 plus patterns that are screaming out pick me, pick me next. Not including the stash that I have in cabinets, drawers, and baskets just dieing to be put into a quilt. So a bunch of us posted our before pictures of our UFO's, and we have until 6 months to complete what we can and post the after pictures as well. Prizes to be given out at the end. But the biggest prize to each of us is completing them and screaming out loud "YES!!!!" .
So Here is my list of the first 10 I'm going to do.
Indian summer
Bible Quilt
Golden Rule
Heartland crossing
Jellie bellies
07" May Retreat Mystery
Antique Roses
Kansas Trouble Spider quilt
Civil War blues/browns
Raspberry truffle
I posted a picture of the Antique Roses there are 4 of these really huge blocks with side pieced sashing and them pieced borders. I love the colors of it. Got it as a kit at the NQA show back in 2006.
All of the "roses" are blanket stitched down.
So let the fun begin

No comments: