Friday, March 13, 2009

My new Bag


Well this is the bag I did the other weekend. I just love it. Done with 5" charms. It is sooooo large and roomie. It has become my carry all bag. You see I always have a bag with me to take from house to van, to carry stuff. Since I got my arm damaged 11 years ago, I have a hard time carry things with that arm, sometime it just lets go & I don't when that will happen. So I started carrying a longaberger basket with me or a tote of some kind. I really love those environmental reusable shopping bags from sams club, because they hold a lot of stuff. Well a friend made this bag, I fell in love with it, so I had to make one. I use it all the time now. I can carry my library books, my stuff I have to drop off somewhere and then on the way home from town. i put all of my little bags of things I purchased in it, so I'm not carrying a bunch of stuff at one time. I'm planning on making me a couple more. I thought this would be a great bag to take on trips or on a quilt retreat ( which I have one coming up in May, Yipee!!). It measures almost 20" long and around 9" wide. The only thing I don't like, the pattern calls to make it with fusible fleece, well to me it don't have enough stand up on your own structure. So I'm planning on making my others with some peltex to give it a little more humph!!! Since it is quilted out would hold together so much nicer. I used all kansas troubles fabric. The other ones I'll also use Kt but have some fabric in pinks/browns I'm going to use too.


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Great colors --- And you can never have too many bags. have you tried a heavier warm and natural batting? I made my daughter one and quilted the pieces and it felt pretty sturdy. I have a charm pack waiting in the wings so I really am interested...

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It looks wonderful. I got a book from the library for making bags, but haven't gotten around to it yet.