Monday, March 23, 2009

Retreat Donations

I'm getting ready for the May Ohioquilters email group retreat. We've been getting some wonderful donations to use for door prizes, goodie bags and the raffle that will be benefiting the James cancer center and Ohio diabetic association. It is just like Christmas opening up what the ups or usps drops off. Once they all get here then in a couple of weeks I'll start going through to decide what goes where, get all of the goodie bags stuffed with items, name tags made and the rest of the endless tasks to be completed before I pack my van full of goodies to the retreat. I love going up there to Amish county in beautiful Ohio, so relaxing, great shopping and lots of fun with wonderful group of ladies. I've got a couple of openings if someone is interested in coming, just email me or check out www.ohioquilter.net for the information. We are doing a mystery quilt, a rag jacket, a vera bradley style purse, fat quarter bingo, show & tell, plus a few surprises. Everything is all optional to participate or not. Not to mention the wonderful food prepared by a great Mennonite family. Well heading out to the sewing room to work on a surprise for the retreaters. Hard to go out there when it is soooo beautiful outside, tulips are coming up, crocuses are blooming, maybe I'll spend a couple hours in the flower beds.


No comments: