Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Went to Quilt Shop & Lunch with Friends

Well it has been a whirl wind since I got back from retreat. Between end of the school year and Josh's graduation coming up. We've been running almost everyday, whew~~ will be glad when I'm done and it starts settling down here. Well a couple of us decide to get together and head down to portsmouth to Lil's Quilt Shop where I planned on only getting a couple yards, well that thought left my mind once i stepped into the shop and closed the door behind me. Why is it when you step in there among the fabric, the samples on the walls, patterns calling to you, thread in all kinds of colors and we won't go there about the notions. Maybe someone needs to make one of those bracelets you where where you get shocked everytime you go over your "fabric" limit. Boy I would end up with some wild looking hair, from all of the shocking I'd get. I thought I did pretty good overall. I bought some yummy gutermann brown & cream 876 yards of thread for some quilting. I got some thangles in 1/2" and 3/4" size, perfect for making some mini quilts. I love them babies!!!! Well wouldn't you know it, she had some Kansas Troubles, I just had to see them, well then I had to buy some. I got a packet of 5" charms of Kansas Winter, in drooling colors/patterns of dark tans, blacks, oh the reds to die for and blues~~~. Plus 2 yards of tan paisley print from the season line of kansas troubles. But then I noticed another tan from the seasons line it had tiny black stars, got two yards of it as well. I mean at 6.99 a yard how could I not snatch it up to add to my stash. Recently I have fell in love with this cornflower blue fabrics coming out, saw some I just had to have ( I even put back a bolt of kt for this, LOL, I know pick yourself up off the floor please.~~ oh sorry for not saying spew alert) 3 yards of pattern #15795 from the Kashmir II by Sentimental Studios for Of course wouldn't you know it MODA!! I was done so I thought, then my GF Miz Nurse Nancy bought some 1930's fabric in DAISY's. I love those colors in daisys can't resist them, so I got a yard of it, also in blue and white. Good thing we decided to get some lunch. We headed over to the ribber for some wonderful BBQ. We all ended up with BBQ Sandwiches, chips and pickle. We decided to all order other things and share, we got onion rings, ribber fries, deep fried mushrooms and zuchinni deep fried. All was yummy. I ended up bringing leftovers back way too much they gave us. Perfect ending shared with friends, fabric and food~~~

I hope you all had a great day as well. now I just need to get back to sewing.


No comments: