Friday, October 15, 2010

Last Retreat of the Year


I'm finally back from the last retreat of the year. Had such a fun time. The weather was beautiful the leaves has started turning, so the backdrop of our retreat was wonderful. We had lots of interesting conversation and laughter, which all started with our steak(s) dinner on Thursday & lasted all weekend long. Some one evened got their sewing machine tolet papered!!! Nothing like fun with great friends. I even got some sewing time in. I completed a sampler Kansas Troubles quilt, a small wallhanging, and a purse. Plus sewed up some blocks too.

My friend Bianca completed the Ohioquilters yahoo group's BOM the picture is on her blog here http://atmyhouse-bianca.blogspot.com/ . I just love those color she used, which would look great in my home. :)

Now it is time to get started on christmas gifts which will be here before we know it. I'm not sure what I'll be making yet. LOL.

Off to make some homemade vegetable soup to have this weekend. I've got to make some homemade cornbread to take to a weiny roast tomorrow night. Someone is bring homemade beans/ham, smores, hot dogs/sauce, cookies, chips, and more. Should be fun, one of the best things about fall is the cool air, sitting around a fire & enjoying friends/family.


1 comment:

Bianca said...

LOL Carolyn if that was a hint, sorry, Tom liked it too.
I love Retreat, I come home exhausted and refreshed at the same time. Of course also hyper motivated to quilt. Can't wait to start on my challenge project.