Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mystery Piecing

Okay we are going to start assembling some blocks now. Make sure you gather your blocks from the previous step. You'll be making the main blocks now.

Out of your Fabric #1 ( Background/light) cut one strip 6 1/2" x width of fabric. The cut this strip into sixteen 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" retangles.

Cut two strips 2" x width of fabric ( yes out of fabric #1 also) Cut these strips into twenty five 2" Squares. ( set these aside to use later)

Take your fabric you just cut from your fabric #1 the 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" & sew it on both sides of the unit. You'll make 16 of these. Look at the picture. When pressing press towards the fabric #1. Look at the picture to make sure you have the right blocks to sew too.

Take the other units and sew them onto the above 16 blocks on both sides to complete sixteen "Chicago Pavement" Blocks. Press the seam allowances away from the middle. I aligned the focus fabric ( #3 fabric) to match seams to sewn on the other blocks to center it. I hope that made sense. Note the bottom picture I have the block turned, so don't let that throw you.

The squares etc will be posted later what to do with them, after that only one more step to complete the quilt, which I'll tell you what to do with those nine patches. any problems please email me. Make sure your trimming those blocks as your sewing. I hope your enjoying this process, can't wait to see the finished quilts. Sorry this was posted late but had a malware on my computer that took awhile to get off of it. Will post another step later on this evening before the last step putting everything together. Have a great evening. BTW Yes I know I need to change the date on my camera, I pull the batteries to switch them & it changes the date, I just forget to fix it to the right date. Thanks for those who let me know. :-)

Many blessing to you~~



No comments: