Friday, September 28, 2007

Blocks done and deer season begins


Here are some blocks I made yesterday, they turned out quite well, need to trim a few still :)

I started these at the quilt retreat this past weekend. I dug them out of my kit containers, looks like there are around 24 blocks total very easy to put together. I love the softness of the pinks and the white on white fabric is quite nice as well. Thinking about putting these on point maybe with some type of lattic strips inbetween them, not sure on the color. I wonder what this would look like with white on white between the blocks and using a multi colored thread for the quilting~~~~

I believe I'm going get a top on the frame tomorrow while the boys, ( including hubby) goes hunting. Deer season has came in, let the fun begin. I hope Clyde get some good footage for the video team he is a member of which is slunger hollow productions. Yep they have a website http://www.slungerhollow.com/ . Our youngest boy will be hunting for the first time this year, so I'll need to stay busy so my mind stays occupied, who knows I may end up going this year.

Well better get some more laundry finished up. Figured more stuff I can get done today more time to quilt tomorrow.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful stack and whack blocks!

Sue said...

Hi, I'm working my way around the Q4P ring and found your blog, I really enjoyed reading it. I love those blocks in this blog entry, they're beautiful!

Hunting season isn't quite upon us here, yet, but our middle son is 13 and hunting for the first time this year (he went last year to experience a hunt and see if he really wanted to do it.)

Hope this winter finds some venison in your freezer!

Bobbi said...

Just tracing through the internet from one quilter's blog to another, and I cam upon your site!

I love those blocks! All special and unique! I can't wait to see them in a finished piece.