Thursday, April 03, 2008

Paula Deen chinese Salad~~~

Okay I'm making this today to munch on. I love her recipes she is so good & such a hoot~~ I read her biography book it was wonderful I loved it, would be so cool to meet her. She is one of the few people on food network that I enjoy watching, some are too "who is going to fix that" stuff, I'm just a country gal so that is probable why i like her and a few other shows there.

Here is her Chinese Salad.
1 head Napa or bok choy cabbage (I'm using shredded cabbage in a bag cause I have it on hand)
3 green onions ( chopped these up pretty thin)
1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodles with seasoning pack ( using chicken flavored)
1 (6-ounce) package slivered almonds
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 cup vegetable oil ( using olive oil here)
1/4 cup sugar ( using some splenda)
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the broiler.
Tear the cabbage and slice the onions, and place in a large salad bowl. Crumble the noodles into a broiler pan, add the almonds, sesame seeds, and broil for 2 minutes, being careful not to scorch the sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, and salt with the contents of the seasoning pack. Cover the jar and shake well to blend the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad, add the toasted sesame and almond, and toss to combine

Let me know what you think~~~

No comments: