Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Arrived in Tennessee

So much has happened since I last posted. Let's see, I had a quilt retreat at the beginning of May with a bunch of wonderful gals from the Ohioquilters yahoo group. Shopped until we dropped at some great quilt shops, ate some wonderful food from some good restaurants ( plus our caterer we had at the hotel), laughed until we almost cried ( well maybe I had some tears in my eyes a few times) and just sewed our behinds off. I just love that retreat, nothing like it.
Then school ended for my youngest Caleb, he is moving on to the 7th grade. Yea him ended on the A/B honor roll. So I'm a very proud mom.
As you all know my step mom passed away in February, then my brother in law passed away at the end of May.
I've been helping my Dad go through all of my late step mom's sewing/crafting room, he decided he wanted to yard sale everything since he has no use for it. So down into the basement we go. Many days & tons of totes/cabinets/drawers/boxes later the yard sale finally arrived July 9 & 10th. After two days of bringing things up from the basement, out of the closets & cupboards it arrived. Just to give you an Idea of a portion of what we were dealing with, We ended up just in fabric 6 - six foot tables of nothing but fabric stacked up to my chest ( I'm 5'3")3 tables filled with assorted craft supplies from cross stitching, floral, dollmaking and tole painting. I won't even tell you about the books or Christmas items. My dad was very please with the outcome & so was I.
So after that is all said and done I leave with a friend to Seiverville, Tennessee on Monday. Had great traveling weather & traffic. Had to stop at a cracker barrel for some lunch, nothing like starting a vacation with either good food or a quilt shop. Unpacked my van with all of my stuff for the week & looking forward to the Knoxville AQS show come Wednesday. One of the funny things as I'm unpacking I run into a group of gals from Mt. Sterling here at the Condos we staying at.
Today heading over to Holloway Quilts, lunch & maybe the pattern place near the old mill. I'll keep you posted, hopefully I can upload some pictures if I can figure out how to do it directly to the computer without the card reader.
Pray for good weather and good times.

1 comment:

Bianca said...

Carolyn, I hope you all will have a great time. Can't wait for the pictures.